Our robot was able to accomplish climbing the bar! Our programming team progressed much with the path finding programs and robot sensors. The Business team finished compiling and editing the Chairman's video, and assembled the Woodie Flowers award essay for our own Jack Benenati.
Everyone is super excited that we figured out how to work the powder coating and the plasma cutter!
Our Programming Team made much progress with the path finding programs and working with the LCD and LED lights. The build team is close to finished with completing the chassis. The business team has been busy working on compiling footage for the Chairman's video, and completed one more interview.
The build team reassembled the robot after fixing the problem with climbing the ramp, and our programming team started working with Infrared sensors for the robot. The branding standards are close to being done, only requiring the logo page in order to be completed.
Our build team fully assembled the chassis for the robot, but unfortunately discovered that the wheels were not tall enough to allow the robot to clear the ramp for the pull-up, so the robot has to be disassembled. Our programmers wrote a simpler function for the LED lights and researched new and old versions for path finding programs. Finally, the business team conducted a few interviews of the mentors for our Chairman's video.
A massive chunk of the Branding Standards was completed by the Business Team, including the color hex codes and the typography. Our Programming team got our LED lights functioning at full capacity. Our Building Team arranged the drive train on the chassis. The full intake design was completed by the Mock-up team.
The first intake was finished by the mock-up team and the Branding Standards deadline was pushed one meeting back by the Business Team. The LED lights were proven functional and our testing robot was also functioning. Our Programming Team was working on CID calibrations and the User Interface. The Build Team accomplished building much of the chassis.
Yesterday our business team went to Great Valley Academy to talk to Ms. Herrington, the robotics teacher, about starting a FIRST Lego League (FLL) team. We hope to help her and her school not only establish, but fund and run this team by sharing ideas for fundraising and offering our mentor-ship. While FLL is new to most of us on the team, we are willing to learn more about it to give the rookie team the best start possible.
Today some of our new programmers looked at some programming examples that will help them get a basic understanding of how the code should be written and how to program for FRC. We also competed the mock-up of the pull-up bar on the scale and started the mock-up of the exchange. Despite all this great progress, we did encounter one step back. Our test-bot, which was thought to be complete, turned out to have several wiring and pneumatic flaws that must be fixed tomorrow. Our Business Team has continued to reach out to corporate and local companies for sponsorships and donations.
Despite this only being the second day of build season, our team is excelling with this years competition. Today we have almost completed our robot design and the climbing wall mock-up, which is a remarkable feat for us to achieve so soon. In addition, we finished our test-bot, and we will test it tomorrow to ensure its wiring and programming is correct. We have also been reaching out to and brainstorming possible sponsors, donors, and mentorship opportunities.