As our annual FLL tournament rolled around, we prepared by assigning roles to team members and setting up the tournament area and pits.
Aftermath: The tournament turned out to be a big success, hosting 8 excited teams in our gym. We were able to keep the kids engaged in the competition while still allowing them to be focused in the competition.
So far in this season, we have made progress in business, building, and programming.
In business, we have created new team logos, worked on our team outreach events, and made plans to lead our team into the future.We started the Engineering Notebook got members started on recording this season's progress.
The programming team started by teaching new members Java, and later started brainstorming ideas of the autonomous period of the robot.
The engineering team started by creating the first plan for the robot considering weight, robot control, and robot productivity. While waiting for parts to arrive for the bot, our plan has been revised and edited.
.The new FTC season bring new team names and logos to what where the Duckinators and the Iron Ducks. Our two teams, The Platinum Patriots ( #4157) and The Titanium Patriots ( #5211) each have new captains and a new list of members ready to start the season.
Starting this post, we are now already a few weeks into build season having had been working on our robot for some time now. This will be the first post of many that will describe our season, starting from November 11th, 2018.
The build season has been completed and this is the first year in our existence that we've actually had time to practice with the robot! It took all our efforts to build the robot, as well as to assemble the components that accompany it, including the programming, mock-ups, and team award nominations and presentations. We cannot thank every member, teacher, and mentor enough for all their hard work and dedication. Good luck teams! See you all at Sac!
(See you boys in Boise!)
Our Spaghetti Dinner is approaching soon in order to help fund the services and facilities within our Robotics Program. Many amenities are being finished including the brackets for the bumpers of the robot that display our team color during the competition, in order for them to be attached to the robot. The programming team has made much progress in allowing the robot to move around the arena. The wiring has mostly been finished, and final adjustments are being made to the robot, such as the weight of the bot.
Our robot was able to accomplish climbing the bar! Our programming team progressed much with the path finding programs and robot sensors. The Business team finished compiling and editing the Chairman's video, and assembled the Woodie Flowers award essay for our own Jack Benenati.
Everyone is super excited that we figured out how to work the powder coating and the plasma cutter!
Our Programming Team made much progress with the path finding programs and working with the LCD and LED lights. The build team is close to finished with completing the chassis. The business team has been busy working on compiling footage for the Chairman's video, and completed one more interview.
The build team reassembled the robot after fixing the problem with climbing the ramp, and our programming team started working with Infrared sensors for the robot. The branding standards are close to being done, only requiring the logo page in order to be completed.
Our build team fully assembled the chassis for the robot, but unfortunately discovered that the wheels were not tall enough to allow the robot to clear the ramp for the pull-up, so the robot has to be disassembled. Our programmers wrote a simpler function for the LED lights and researched new and old versions for path finding programs. Finally, the business team conducted a few interviews of the mentors for our Chairman's video.